Note For Anyone Writing About Me

Guide to Writing About Me

I am an Autistic person,not a person with autism. I am also not Aspergers. The diagnosis isn't even in the DSM anymore, and yes, I agree with the consolidation of all autistic spectrum stuff under one umbrella. I have other issues with the DSM.

I don't like Autism Speaks. I'm Disabled, not differently abled, and I am an Autistic activist. Self-advocate is true, but incomplete.

Citing My Posts

MLA: Zisk, Alyssa Hillary. "Post Title." Yes, That Too. Day Month Year of post. Web. Day Month Year of retrieval.

APA: Zisk, A. H. (Year Month Day of post.) Post Title. [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/post-specific-URL.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Witty Banter


Being autistic teaches me quite a bit about what passes for witty banter, and you guys aren't half as witty as you think you are. Really. Do you have any idea how often playing along with a sarcastic comment because you didn't know it was sarcastic passes for further sarcasm? If how many times I manage a conversation for  that way with no one realizing that I had no clue they were being sarcastic until several minutes in is any indication, the answer is almost always. Answering rhetorical questions honestly passes for sarcasm even more reliably than acting as if you were serious passes for playing along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete comments for personal attacks, derailing, dangerous comparisons, bigotry, and generally not wanting my blog to be a platform for certain things.