Note For Anyone Writing About Me

Guide to Writing About Me

I am an Autistic person,not a person with autism. I am also not Aspergers. The diagnosis isn't even in the DSM anymore, and yes, I agree with the consolidation of all autistic spectrum stuff under one umbrella. I have other issues with the DSM.

I don't like Autism Speaks. I'm Disabled, not differently abled, and I am an Autistic activist. Self-advocate is true, but incomplete.

Citing My Posts

MLA: Zisk, Alyssa Hillary. "Post Title." Yes, That Too. Day Month Year of post. Web. Day Month Year of retrieval.

APA: Zisk, A. H. (Year Month Day of post.) Post Title. [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/post-specific-URL.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Prepare For India

Yep. Pre-departure meeting today, since the teacher who is taking us is going to be in Germany for a while and he kind of needs to be at this meeting. It's almost two weeks until we leave, and shockingly, I am pretty much packed. Since I am a super-fast packer, I'd usually still be wondering where my suitcase is at this point. (Complete chaos/lack of routine in my life only bothers me when I thought there was going to be a routine. I'm a stickler for rules and definitions most of the time, but the ``apparently inflexible adherence to specific, nonfunctional routines or rituals" is pretty much he only thing from that section which DOESN'T apply to me.)
Anywho, I have this meeting, and then I do math homework that I still haven't gotten done, and then I assist a precalc class. And then I'm a day closer to India. I also need to pick up my anti-malarial today, since you kind of need those for India. Getting malaria would be bad. (And I once again manage to wind up disqualified from giving blood based on malaria risk... One of these years, I will actually be able to give blood.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete comments for personal attacks, derailing, dangerous comparisons, bigotry, and generally not wanting my blog to be a platform for certain things.