Note For Anyone Writing About Me

Guide to Writing About Me

I am an Autistic person,not a person with autism. I am also not Aspergers. The diagnosis isn't even in the DSM anymore, and yes, I agree with the consolidation of all autistic spectrum stuff under one umbrella. I have other issues with the DSM.

I don't like Autism Speaks. I'm Disabled, not differently abled, and I am an Autistic activist. Self-advocate is true, but incomplete.

Citing My Posts

MLA: Zisk, Alyssa Hillary. "Post Title." Yes, That Too. Day Month Year of post. Web. Day Month Year of retrieval.

APA: Zisk, A. H. (Year Month Day of post.) Post Title. [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/post-specific-URL.

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Finals!

Finals have begun. Run for the hills!
Well, not so much. I'm actually glad it's finals. See, finals are in MAY, which means April is over (Hear that guys? Autism Awareness month is over! You can go away and leave this to the people who actually care about autistics and have some idea how not to trigger meltdowns!) Also, finals means the semester is almost over. Then I get to go to India with the school. The part where we're never supposed to go anywhere alone during the trip is annoying (I like some time to myself, and two weeks where I'm not supposed to go off on my own at all is going to stink. Three days of it for ARML was bad enough!) But India should be good overall, and I'll get credit for a class I happen to need.
Once I get back, nano research! I'll be trying to grow a gold nanoshell around a liposome. (If anyone knows how to do that already, send me a link to the paper, please and thank you!) Then I'll be doing stuff with the liposome. It will be awesome.
But first I need to survive finals. All SIX of them. 

2 comments:

  1. How was India?
    Our dad was born there.
    If you wrote about this somewhere else already, cool! Please point me to it!
    Athena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of what I wrote about it I wrote while I was there.
      First post from there is this, I think: http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/2012/05/im-in-india-and-im-jet-lagged.html
      Last one is: http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/2012/05/leaving-india.html
      Everything in between was written while I was there, if not always directly about it.

      Delete

I reserve the right to delete comments for personal attacks, derailing, dangerous comparisons, bigotry, and generally not wanting my blog to be a platform for certain things.