Note For Anyone Writing About Me

Guide to Writing About Me

I am an Autistic person,not a person with autism. I am also not Aspergers. The diagnosis isn't even in the DSM anymore, and yes, I agree with the consolidation of all autistic spectrum stuff under one umbrella. I have other issues with the DSM.

I don't like Autism Speaks. I'm Disabled, not differently abled, and I am an Autistic activist. Self-advocate is true, but incomplete.

Citing My Posts

MLA: Zisk, Alyssa Hillary. "Post Title." Yes, That Too. Day Month Year of post. Web. Day Month Year of retrieval.

APA: Zisk, A. H. (Year Month Day of post.) Post Title. [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/post-specific-URL.

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Autistic Hodgepodge- an idea


I had an idea. I don't know what anyone else thinks of it yet, which is why I'm putting it out there. (Tell me what you think?) We have the Loud Hands Project which will be a compilation about autism-related stuff by autistics. Why not have something similar, but where the stuff we're compiling is anything that can be printed in a book, and the only requirement is that the creators are autistic. Maybe it could be a series of compilations- some with just one persons stuff if they have enough to make a book themselves, some with a few people putting their creative works together.
There would be a couple ideas behind this. One: I'm sure I can't be anywhere near the only autistic who does a few different kinds of creative thing which aren't necessarily related and no one of which would be enough to make much of anything out of. But if we make a hodgepodge of it all, helping each other organize our hodgepodges in ways that somehow manage to work, then put it all out there, then we all get our stuff out there. Two: I don't want people to think that autism advocacy is all I do! You probably don't want people to think autism advocacy is all you do either, since it probably isn't. We have lives. If we show the world that we do more than just one thing (we're fully developed people, unlike many of our portrayals in media), it might also help our cause while doing something that isn't directly advocacy.
So, would anyone want to join in on this? And what would we call it if we do this? So far, ``Autistic Hodgepodge" is the best I've got, and I don't know if that's what I or anyone else would really want to call it.

3 comments:

  1. I like this idea. Please can you provide details of where to send my stuff (email preferred)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AutisticHodgepodge@gmail.com. There isn't really a full project yet- just me, an idea, and you saying you like the idea. I guess I should start a page about it or something.

      Delete
    2. Ok, just made a site for the project. Autistichodgepodge.blogspot.com, autistichodgepodge@gmail.com. Wooo actually doing something with this.

      Delete

I reserve the right to delete comments for personal attacks, derailing, dangerous comparisons, bigotry, and generally not wanting my blog to be a platform for certain things.